I started knitting this hat back in February. Then the weather got warmer and I lost interest. For some reason, I picked it back up recently and finished it.
The pattern is sort of from the book my husband gave me for Christmas, Weekend Knitting. I say sort of because I changed almost everything about the pattern. I used a different weight yarn, different sized needles, I used only one color and (surprise, surprise) with all of these changes, the hat was WAY to big for my little girl. So, I ended up starting it and ripping it all out the first time. The second time, I stuck with my yarn and needles, but tried to adjust the pattern down so that it would fit. I think I probably went a little bit too far. Hopefully Ruby will get a little bit of wear out of it then she can pass it along to Lila.